How to connect FieldBee Receiver and Base station
Get to know how to connect FieldBee Base station and Receiver in the detailed description below or watch the video instead.
Before starting, you need to know FieldBee Base station working mode is the absolute position and static mode gets absolute accuracy.
- Locate a spot where the base station will always stay
- Put FieldBee receiver to this location
- Open FieldBee Toolbox app
- Tap on Location (coordinates will be copied to clipboard)
- Locate FieldBee base station to the same spot where the receiver was
- Connect to FieldBee Base Station with toolbox app
- Open Base station position
- Tap Add manually button
- Input position name (e.g. “home”, “office”, “Field1”)
- Tap Paste button to paste copied coordinates
- Tap Save button; (coordinates are added to the Base station position list)
- Tap created position and base station will apply Static mode with inputted coordinates
- Restart base.
How to link receiver and base station in WiFi working mode:
- Open FieldBee toolbox app
- Connect to the FieldBee receiver
- Tap FieldBee base station
- Tap Add new ‘Base’
- Input Base station serial number
- Tap Connect
- The receiver is linked to Base station.
- Make sure to screw antenna onto the Base Station
- Make sure you have signal at least from 8 satellites
To start setting up the Base station and FieldBee receiver follow the next steps:
- Locate Base Station and FieldBee receiver outside and place them at 1-1,5 m above ground level (on an open sky leaving at least 2 meters in between receiver and base station)
- Make sure that external radio antennas have been screwed into FieldBee receiver and Base station
- Turn on antennas.
Here are you go, FieldBee Base station and Receiver are connected now.
Setting up FieldBee RTK base station via Bluetooth
To start with, open the app, click on “GPS only” on the upper left corner of your device.
Select “Other receivers” (an external GPS device that appears). Check the video to make sure you understand it properly.
Your device must be connected to Bluetooth. For that:
- Open your device’s Setting app
- Click on “Connections”
- Check to see if Bluetooth is ‘on’
More information here
How to connect FieldBee with SAPOS?
FieldBee works with SAPOS in Germany. You need to create an account there and it is necessary to be connected to Base station with transmitting correction using messages RTCM version 3 and higher.
Could you state the LoRa frequency?
The LoRa frequency is 868 MHz in Europe and 915 MHz in the United States.
How to connect FieldBee with FLEPOS
How to use Fieldbee with RTK correction providers?
FieldBee can receive RTK correction from networks that are available in your area.
The accuracy of the system in such cases can be up to +/-1 cm.
Correction networks typically have paid access, but in some countries and regions, they are provided for free by the government. For example FLEPOS network in Belgium, SAPOS in Germany, MoveRTK in the Netherlands etc.
You will need to register with your local RTK correction provider (NTRIP provider) and obtain the following parameters needed for connection:
- Domain or IP address and port
- Login and Password
- Nearest mount point name or Correction stream name When asking the information above, tell your provider that RTCM 3.x format is required. (We do not support RTCM 2.x format).
Important! You will need to have a Wi-Fi access point with the Internet access or share Internet from your Android device by enabling mobile Hotspot in Android Settings.