We appreciate your interest in our offered services and products and our website www.fieldbee.com, online communities, service platforms, smartphone apps owned and operated by eFarmer B.V. referred to as: “FieldBee”, (collectively, our “Websites” and together with our services and products, our “Services”).
“Personal Data” or “Personal information” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified directly or indirectly. It does not include data where identity is removed (anonymous data). The notion of Personal Data covers all information defined as personal data under Art. 4 (1) GDPR.
1. The controller of your Personal Data.
FieldBee, address: Laan van Kronenburg 14, 1183AS, Amstelveen, the Netherlands is the data controller within the meaning of Art. 4(7) GDPR with respect to all personal information collected through the Website and Services. Accordingly, FieldBee is responsible for, and controls, the processing of your personal information with respect to personal information collected through the Services.
The use of information provided to us by our customers (each a “Client” and collectively our “Clients”) for the purpose of processing, limited to the purpose of providing the Service for which the Client has engaged FieldBee.
FieldBee acknowledges that you have the right to access your Personal Data. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to FieldBee (the data controller). If requested to remove data we are processing for our Client, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe. We may transfer Personal Data to the company that helps us provide our Services (Distributors). Transfers to Distributors are limited to the purpose of providing the Service and are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
2. Types of Data and Data Collection
We may collect, use and store a variety of Personal Data, including:
- Identity Data including first name, last name, business address, username or similar identifier, title and company;
- Contact Data including email address and telephone numbers;
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website and our services;
- We collect Internal account information you share with us: your email address, phone number and photos, and send this data to Mixpanel analytics service.
Data is collected through various methods, including:
The direct interaction includes personal identity and contact data entered to complete a form, or in correspondence via post, phone, email, or otherwise.
This also includes Personal Data provided when you:
- Fill out a web form at our website or smartphone app;
- Register for our newsletters and/or updates;
- Approach us at conferences or exhibitions;
- Initiate business interaction.
Automated technologies or interactions which include Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. Personal Data is collected using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Collected information is used to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website, and deliver content tailored to your interests. We may also receive Technical Data about you when you visit other websites using our cookies.
Cookies which used to enhance the functionality and usability of our web presence. Cookies can be used to store items of data on your computer when you access our website. You have the option of preventing the storage of cookies on your computer by making appropriate changes to your browser settings. However, if you do so, you may reduce the range of functionalities offered by our website. Cookies are not harmful to your computer and contain no viruses.
3. Use of your Personal Data
The reasons for using your personal information may differ depending on the purpose of the collection. Regularly we use your information for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
We use your information in order to perform our contractual Services or prior to entering into a contract with you. If you order Services from FieldBee or if you contact us to request our Services, we use your information to provide you with these Services. Information we use includes: information we need to contact you or otherwise communicate with you; information for order fulfillment, delivery of requested materials or services, maintenance and training associated with our Services; information to manage your account, information to enable the download or usage of Services, and information for invoicing and payment follow-up.
We use your information if justified by our legitimate interests. The usage of your information may also be necessary for our own business interests. For example, we may use some of your information to evaluate and review our business performance, create financial statements, improve our Services, provide advertising or to identify potential cybersecurity threats. We may use your information for marketing purposes, for example, to send you relevant product updates and/or share your contact information such as names, email address or phone number with reseller partners for them to directly contact, qualify and manage the customer relationship.
We use your information after obtaining your consent. In some cases, we may ask you to grant us separate consent to use your information. You are free to deny your consent and the denial will have no negative consequences for you. You are also free to withdraw your consent at any time with effect in the future. If you have granted us consent to use your information, we will use it only for the purposes specified in the consent form.
We often work on the basis of consent or other lawful grounds in relation to sales and marketing campaigns. For example, if you sign up to our email newsletter, or provide us with your email address and allow us to use this email address for email marketing, or when our marketing partners provide us with your email address, we will use your contact information in order to deliver our email marketing campaigns. You may easily withdraw consent by unsubscribing from our email newsletter at any time. You may also contact us via email, phone or mail at the addresses provided at the end of this document to request that we remove you from our email list.
We use your information to comply with legal obligations. We are obligated to retain certain information because of legal requirements, for example, tax or commercial laws or we may be required by law enforcement to provide personal information on request.
We will store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the personal information and in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests.
4. Data Security
We maintain appropriate security measures in place to prevent Personal Data from accidental loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized disclosure. Additionally, access to Personal Data is limited to those employees, contractors and third parties who are authorized to process the data on our behalf, under specific instruction, and subject to a duty of confidentiality.
5. Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights (subject to certain exceptions or exemptions):
- You have a right to access personal data held about you.
- You have the right to request that we rectify any personal data we hold that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. Please note that such deletion may result in us no longer being able to provide you with our Service.
- You have the right to request restriction of or object to the processing of your personal data.
- You have the right to request and receive your personal data in a commonly used format (data portability).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent on which processing is based at any time.
- You have a right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
- You can exercise your rights above by contacting us as described in section 6.
- You may have a third party submit a request on your behalf as an authorized agent. To confirm that the authorized agent is entitled to submit a request on your behalf, they must have written authorization signed by you, and you must provide us with a copy of the signed authorization. To ensure your privacy and security, we may take further steps to verify your identity.
However, please note that we may continue to retain, or otherwise use your Personal Data thereafter where we have a Legitimate Interest or a legal or contractual obligation to do so, all requests will be addressed in accordance with applicable laws and to the best of our ability in a timely manner.
6. Contacting us
FieldBee B.V. Laan van Kronenburg 14, 1183AS, Amstelveen, the Netherlands