A tractor is an agricultural machine used for the mechanization of agricultural work such as tillage. However, the tractor has come a long way since its humble launch in the 19th century as a steam engine on wheels. Today tractors for farming are used for plowing, cultivating the soil and planting fields. Modern types of tractors can be used for a variety of tasks including shrubs, landscaping, moving or spreading fertilizer, and lawn maintenance. And with the help of precision farming technologies and digital equipment, the range of tasks and capabilities of modern tractors has become even wider. Whether you prefer to just work on the lawn and in the garden or on the farm, you will find out that using a tractor makes the job easier. This article discusses the very best benefits of tractors for agricultural mechanization, gardening, or earthmoving.
A Wide Range of Types of Tractors
There is a wide selection of types of tractors, each suitable for a specific business:
- A hydraulically driven tractor to work in a garden, a wide area or a pasture.
- A small or compact tractor is suitable for landscaping and digging work.
- A subcompact tractor is a smaller version of a tractor. It has the power and versatility to do a variety of works such as transporting compost, mowing the field and cultivating the soil. It is a kind of auxiliary tractor and is great for landscaping.
- An auxiliary tractor for running on a small farm to mechanize agricultural work.
Depending on the purpose, tractors have significant differences in agriculture and are divided into the following types:
- The ability to change attachments or trailed equipment quickly;
- The ability to work and move at high speeds while maintaining performance with other machines at minimum speeds;
- The ability to unify connecting devices;
- The possibility to be serviced and repaired in the field.
Industrial tractors are the basic machines in an earthmoving or construction machine. A skidder is a tractor that is usually built on the basis of an agricultural tractor and differs only in the layout, which allows the platform to be placed on the rear of the frame. The cab and the engine of such a tractor are placed in the front, and behind is a platform that serves for forest skidding. The main characteristic that distinguishes the skidder from other types of tractors is the undercarriage with a large supporting area, which reduces the effect of erosion on the forest floor. General-purpose tractors come in a variety of models. There is also a wide range of agricultural implements that can be connected to auxiliary tractors to help carry out many different tough works on the farm. In particular, these are loaders or rear hoes for a much wider range of performances
Modern Equipment Used to Operate the Tractor
Worth mentioning are new technologies, which tractors benefit from . First of all, these are , GPS and RTK. They allow:
- Creating routes for the tractor and можливо adjusting them to the vehicle.
- Carrying out automatic steering for accurate row guidance.
- Controlling the amount of fuel usage and lubricants.
- Monitoring the tractor’s,working hours and idle times tracking its route and deviations.
1 thought on “Benefits of Tractors in Modern Farming and Agriculture”
Thanks for the info about tractors. My dad wants to start a farm now that he is retired. I’ll share this info about farm equipment with my dad.