The last one is of great use in tractor enhancement and helps much in mapping and planning seasonal agricultural works. Let’s consider how GPS technology in agriculture influence the growth of production.
Why Is It Important Using Hi-Tech Solutions in Agriculture?
- Over the past 10 years, the global agricultural market has grown by 3% per year, this is critically insufficient. By 2050, at least 70% more food will need to be produced to feed the world’s growing population.
- It is impossible to do this in an extensive way. Free land, pastures, water resources are in short supply. In addition, the burden on the environment is increasing.
- The technologies for collecting, analyzing and processing data from almost any farm production facility have evolved and become more accessible, allowing them to make an accurate forecast, save money and time.
How Does GPS Technology Help Agriculture?
Using data from satellites, farmers can optimize the work of special vehicles, primarily tractors. What goals can be achieved with GPS devices?
- Navigation and telemetry goals (systems for precise positioning of the unit in the field, parallel driving, yield mapping).
- Remote sensing of the Earth, for example, operational acquisition of satellite images and aerial photographs.
- Systems of efficiency control of each tractor separately.
- Controlling the consumption of fuels and lubricants for each tractor.
And getting satellite images of the ground allows you to plan a route for each tractor considering specifics of the landscape or ongoing destructions after seasonal rainfalls. Such GPS field mapping also allows distributing work processes logically and efficiently.
5 Pros of Using GPS on Your Tractor
- Modern systems of satellite data transmission allow obtaining perfectly accurate telemetry with an error of centimeters maximum.
- Thanks to GPS, you can remotely monitor personnel, their integrity and honesty.
- At the expense of GPS, it is possible to reduce the costs of both maintenance of tractors and the irrational use of land resources.
- State-of-the-art GPS equipment does not require the tractor driver to stop to receive data as all control is performed from a smartphone through a simple and intuitive application. Just use it while working to get upcoming info in time.
- The price of GPS equipment pays off in the first season of its operation. And its reliability is of a very high level.
How to Choose the Best GPS Tracker for Your Tractor?
And remember that the key to success is a step into the future, and with the latest technology, making it a snap.
If you look at the reviews of the US agricultural companies, you’ll see counts of positive overviews on FieldBee trackers. And we are proud of making precise agriculture affordable and open for every farmer.
Are you interested in Automated Farming Systems? Please let us know and we will provide you with more information.