Table Of Contents
The Auto Calibrate procedure guides the operator through the calibration process for the active vehicle. The calibration steps teach the ECU-S1 system the characteristics of the vehicle and the steps are critical to achieve optimal control performance.
Note the following:
- Before beginning the calibration process, the vehicle and oil in the vehicle must be warmed to normal operating temperatures.
- All implements should be removed from the vehicle prior to beginning the calibration process.
- During the calibration process, have the vehicle’s engine set at normal operating speed or at least at a minimum of 1600 RPM.
- The Auto Calibrate wizard takes a significant amount of space for the vehicle to operate within. Depending upon the vehicle size and type it may take at minimum approximately 300 x 700 ft (90 x 200 m) to complete the Auto Calibrate procedure.
- The vehicle automatically executes a series of maneuvers during the calibration process including turning full left and full right. The calibration trajectory depends on vehicle type, controller and other differences in the vehicle. Always be prepared to take steering over manually if the vehicle drives towards an obstacle.
- The field used for calibration must be dry (no water, snow or mud) and should be flat.
- It is critical to have the best possible GPS/GNSS position quality for successful calibration. Before starting calibration verify the GPS uses the maximum number of available satellites and the augmentation system (ex. RTK, DGPS) is operating.
- For the best results, it is recommended to drive vehicle forward for at least 60 meters (200 feet) with speed at least 6 km/h (4 mph) to establish good GPS heading before calibration.
- Common Calibration Steps – These are the steps that all vehicles must perform during the Auto Calibrate process. These steps are also performed on vehicles that have been imported.
- Vehicle Controller Type Specific Calibration Steps – After the Common Calibration Steps have been completed, the Auto Calibrate continues to different steps depending on which vehicle type has been selected. The calibration routine for Valve / Steer-by-Wire, Mechanical Steering Unit / MDU-G4, and CAN Bus / ISOBUS Controllers are different.
Please choose your preferred communication method
Your request has been successfully sent. Our representative will contact you shortly to clarify the details.