But this does not mean at all that precision farming is not aimed at making a profit. Rather, on the contrary, with the help of its methods, you can significantly optimize costs, increase the volume of products and at the same time keep an attractive price that will allow end customers to buy more products from you than from competitors. Let’s take a look at how the profitability of the farm increases with the introduction of precision farming.
Ways to Reduce Costs and Increase Incomes by Introducing Precision Farming Products
Countless university and agronomic studies have proven that profitability increases when precision farming technology is introduced into agricultural activities. But many farmers and agricultural professionals continue to ask how investment compares to the increased returns generated by precision farming.
How Do Precision Farming Products Affect Farm Cost Optimization?
- To reduce the consumption of seeds and fertilizers. An automated approach to the sowing campaign, in which the amount of seeds applied to the soil is precisely regulated by the automation, avoids unauthorized consumption of seed material, and therefore, reduces its amount in the purchase. This is the first factor to reduce costs. As for the control over the number of fertilizers applied, then another factor is added to the optimization of the cost of their purchase. That is risks of overdoing with the number of fertilizers or not applying enough to obtain the predicted yield.
- To reduce the cost of fuel and lubricants. Preliminary route planning using a GPS tracker, programmable routes for tractors that can be started automatically in an auto-steering system – all this saves on gasoline, gas and other consumables.
- The urgency of optimizing the processes of surface and subsurface drainage is increasing in the current era of global warming and a shortage of freshwater on the planet. This can be achieved by combining the stages of survey, analysis, modelling, alignment and mapping within a drainage work cycle.
- To reduce the cost of servicing equipment and reduce its wear rate. The main problem of farming is that the equipment wears out quickly due to the peculiarities of the weather, movement on virgin soil, and transportation of large volumes of cargo. Thanks to GPS maps received from the satellite and analyzed by artificial intelligence, you can optimize the routes of your tractors and trucks, track changes in the landscape at any time, and adjust routes of the system.
What about Increasing Income? What is the Approach of Precision Farming Here?
- Make yield forecasts and plan sales in advance, even at the stage of ripening or even sowing.
- Analyze data and highlight errors that previously led to low yields, and therefore low incomes.
- Maintain electronic planners and using artificial intelligence to analyze your activities is also an opportunity to increase revenue through a well-thought-out business strategy. The yield monitoring system allows you to accurately estimate the amount of the crop and save the georeferenced data required for yield analysis. This data allows you to improve the process of agricultural work from year to year: you can analyze the yield and determine various factors affecting the yield – such as soil type, the amount of seed and fertilizer applied, the amount of watering and much more. Based on the analysis carried out, it is possible to adjust the agricultural work plan for the next year to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Analyze the profitability of a particular crop using precision ag products and draw conclusions that will help you in the future.To summarize, precision farming is not an ideology, but a precisely calibrated technology that uses the latest advances in mechanical engineering and automation.
With its help, you can deliberately approach the agricultural business, make accurate plans and at the same time reduce the costs that are customary for the classic way of running a farm. And all this together provides you with increased profits.
deliberately approach the agricultural business, make accurate plans and at the same time reduce the costs that are customary for the classic way of running a farm. And all this together provides you with increased profits.