Accuracy of GPS explained
Why is high GPS accuracy important in farming?
- Minimizing overlaps and missed sports when seeding, applying chemicals, tilling, and carrying out other operations.
- Giving the farmer the ability to work in low visibility conditions regardless of the weather and time of day.
- Carrying out the collection of accurate data regarding soil parameters, harvests, etc.
- Eliminating overspraying.
- Tracking crop yields in different sections of the fields.
How to achieve high accuracy of GPS in agriculture?
However, there’s one notable exception. FieldBee is a GPS navigation and tractor autosteer system that offers up to 1-centimeter accuracy at an affordable price. This system is suitable for high-precision tasks such as spraying, planting, tilling, fertilizer application, etc. The system can be easily installed on the tractor in just a few minutes and switched between different machinery whenever necessary. Plus, a FieldBee autosteer system allows farmers to save up to 120 euro per hectare.