That is great news, as tractor GPS systems do not only provide the above mentioned benefits to farmers but also create a lot of opportunities for doing business in a new more sustainable way. Tractor GPS allows you to get a precise position in the field, and precision allows to: do precise soil sampling, use drones, precise spraying, precise seeding and eventually use robots on your fields. That’s how farming will look like in the near future!
We encourage farmers to get their GPS system ASAP, as it will take some time and effort to get used to it and start benefiting from it. But before ordering your system, let’s talk about some common mistakes that farmers usually make – and, if you are aware of them, you will be prepared for them.
There are different types of GPS systems. We will be talking about manual guidance systems and autosteer systems. So here are the five common mistakes that we don’t want you to make:
1. Choosing a system with a terminal
- Lower cost of the system, as the most advanced tablets with case and holders, would cost you a maximum 800-1000 EUR. More affordable tablets can be purchased at 200-300 EUR.
- Receive new functionality and improvements with new app updates.
- Can be remotely serviced and supported
- Can be used on many machines without additional costs.
2. Don’t count costs of getting RTK accuracy
3. Choosing a system without RS232 port or Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection possibility
4. Choosing a system without terrain compensation
5. Not buying the system ASAP
“I save 50 litres of fuel per one field operation and is doing every operation 15 minutes faster on average, that gives me an additional 10% of productivity”, – says one of our customers.
“Buying a tractor autosteer system was the best decision in my life. No, actually marrying my wife was the best, and buying FieldBee was the second best”, – says Jan Lausen farmer from Germany.
Are you ready to make the best decision of your life too?